Friday, October 24, 2008

PartyPoker Extravaganza

Almost a week ago I was sent an offer from PartyPoker.  It was pretty basic, $20 bucks, as long as you earn 160 points in a week.  Once I did all the calculations I figured that it would take about 2500 hands to earn that.

I had been trying to get the new PartyPoker client installed on my laptop (a Vista box) without much luck for almost two weeks.  Once I tried installing it on my XP machine, it worked the first time.  I did some basic hacking and finally got the client installed on my laptop as well.

I really liked the look of the new client and decided to try to fulfill the bonus.  I figured that this was my chance to set-mine a bunch of micro-limit cash games.  The final decision was how many tables.  It was time for me to try a 9-table experiment.  I would buy in for 50 BB on nine tables and just wait out some big hands.

After half a week, and approximatly 2500 hands, the results are as follows:

Starting Bankroll ($20)
Ending Bankroll ($61)
Overall Profit ($41)

41 BB/100 hands

This was basically broken into three different sessions.  I really have to admit that I enjoyed the new client quite a bit.  It's much cleaner and awesome for multi-tabling.  It isn't as stable as other clients when on wireless networks but at home I didn't run into many connection issues.

I think I'm going to continue multi-tabling this way until the end of the year to see how my results are affected.  My main adjustment is not to over commit with QQ and AK pre-flop.

The final word for this post: "Thanks Party Poker."

No comments: