Tuesday, January 9, 2007

1 for 3 in Sit In Go’s and a Test Drive of Poker Office.

Last night I played in three sit and go’s with mixed results. I earned 3rd place in one of them, 7th in the second and 4th in the last one I played. The most frustrating placement was 4th, for several reasons.

  1. I had connection problems throughout the session which caused me to miss between 8-12 hands. That easily could have made a difference between fourth and third place.
  2. The very act of finishing on the bubble is frustrating in itself. To be so close to the money and not being able to make it stings.
  3. I suffered a very bad beat, that sucked away my chips faster then Paris Hilton in a dark room with a camcorder. I had jacks and raised. I was re-raised by nine’s and had another caller after with AJo. I went all-in and was called by both players. The AJ caught an Ace on the river. Since I was in the chip lead prior to this hand I still had around 1500 chips. I lost 500 more within a couple hands after losing a race against a short stack. I had sixes, they had AKo and he hit his King on the flop.


All in all there wasn’t much I could do to avoid getting knocked out where I did. The good news is that I was able to use a new piece of poker tracking software called Poker Office. To some this isn’t new at all as it has been around for quite a while. I have to say that I’m very impressed with the features and benefits that the program offers. I’ll offer up a more comprehensive review when I’ve had a chance to play a bit more.