Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Rough Start On My Second Day

I headed to the RIO early in the day yesterday but the long line-ups kept me from entering into any of their tournaments. To kill some time I headed over to the Gold Coast next door to play some low limit. I ended up having a very bad session with a combination of bad cards and weak, passive play on my part. I don't think playing more aggressively would have won me any pots but it would have.

I came back downtown and played in a low-limit Sit & Go tournament. This didn't go very well either as I was knocked out in 7th place, out of 10th.

My last stop was the poker room in the hotel that I'm staying at. I played in a 1-3-6 limit game that was very interesting. Even though I hate playing in a 2-4 limit game, this game played a lot better then most low limit games. I also like the ability to vary my bet sizes without over-committing to a hand like so often happens in No-Limit games.

This was also the game where I won back almost everything that I had lost throughout the day. I was amazed at how often I was getting called even though I only showed down winning hands. I was also lucky not to get caught up into too many draws, as that was the main reason I lost in my earlier session at the Gold Coast.

Well, tomorrow I'm off to the MGM and PH before going to the Rio at night.

No comments: