Sunday, October 7, 2007

Latest Tournament Results

So far, October has been a very good month for me in playing tournaments, especially non Hold-Em games.

A few days ago I managed my first cash in my freeroll mission. A couple days later I followed it up in a 520 person event by cashing and finishing in 40th place. This was a NLHE event.

Last night, while the in-laws were eating, drinking and being merry during Thanksgiving I was playing in a 1000 person RAZZ Multi Table Tournament. Even though this wasn't for real money the goal was still the same. I found that the competition was very soft and I really learned a lot reading hands and putting pressure on my opponents. After several hours had passed, and my fair share of hands that held up I made my way to the final table, out of 8 players remaining I was in 4th.

When the dust settled and all was said and done I managed to get 3rd place overall in the tournament. The hand that crippled me was when my 8-6 got crushed by my opponents wheel. I felt I played very well, especially against a large, if not strong field.

Nothing keeps a person motivated to play in more tournaments like some strong finishes.