Thursday, January 11, 2007

Woo Hoo

So, I get into the office this morning and plug my iPod into the computer to listen to some podcasts that I downloaded in the morning. I started up the Joe Average podcast and settled in to checking some e-mails and getting down to work.

About 10 minutes into the show they get to a segment that they refer to as "What Would You Do?" This is a weekly segment where Robin (one of the hosts) describes a normally tricky hand and asks the audience to give their opinion on what they would do during a key point in the hand. When she started talking about the hand I remembered that I had submitted my thoughts on the hand. I focused a bit more because I really wanted to see how close I got.

Well, before they announce how the hand was finished, they announce the winner, and as I'm sure your guessing she announced my name! This completely blew me away. I listened to her describe the hand, just as I had guessed and when all was said and done, she lost the hand, but I was still correct with my guess.

It's not a game unless there is a prize and I get to receive a 12 month subscription to All-In magazine. This is a great read that I pickup whenever I see it on the newsstand so getting this subscription is quite the bonus. The 'kicker' in all this was that it was the first entry I have ever submitted for the 'What Would You Do' segment.

Winning this was a great start to my day and I'm sure the feeling is going to last with me for quite a while, hopefully at least until my session on Saturday.

I recommend everyone listening to this outstanding podcast. It's one of the few that I truly look forward to and I'm sure anyone who grabs an episode or two will get hooked. You can get to the show by clicking the following link.

http://www.joeaveragepoker.com/

Thanks again Fred, Charles and especially the Queen of Hearts Robin Farley.